Thursday, June 21, 2012

Xander J. Shorts

On Monday, June 4, 2012 I had a doctor's appointment to see how things were
going. I had been dilated to a three for three weeks and there was no change.
I was asked if I wanted my membranes stripped and I said no because Brady's
Aunt Cheryl had recently passed away and her funeral was the next day and
Brady wanted to be there for it. That night I started having contractions at 8:00 pm.
Around 11:00 pm I told Brady that they were getting pretty painful and that we
might want to go to the hospital soon but I was worried that they would just send me 
home so I had us wait for a little longer. We checked in to the hospital at 11:50 pm.
Once they told me that I would be staying I called my Mom to have her come.
I was worried about getting an epidural because my cousin just recently had a very
bad experience with hers so I waited until 2:20 am to have one. I was dilated to a six.
The epidural went very well and I think they are the greatest things ever.
This is us resting in between contractions. They wore Brady out!
By 6:00 am I was dilated to a ten so we did a rest and descent for
an hour and I started pushing at 7:30 am. I only had to push for 2 hrs 20 min.
On June 5, 2012 at 9:50 am Xander was born weighing 7 lbs. 10 oz. 19 inches long.

 The little guy was pretty swollen but the swelling went down a lot within the first day.
 Our first family picture!
My nurse Emily. She was amazing!
 
 Mommy and Daddy with Xander! We love our new little guy!



3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Your nurse Emily was my roommate for a month before I got married! I LOVE Emily!! She's the sweetest girl ever. You are one lucky chick to get her.

Holli said...

Congratulations Jillian! He is wonderful! I'm glad the birth went well, too.

LauraP said...

Oh my heck my nurse was Emily too! I loved her. Well she was my first nurse then her shift ended and I had another really nice girl, but Emily was my favorite. I'm glad everything went well with Xander's birth. I still need to meet him