Xander had his appointment to get fitted for his helmet.
Dr. Greg started off by putting cloth all around
him so that his skin would not get irritated by the
plaster that was being put on his head.
I thought that he looked like a little knight
before the chain mail was put on.
Dr. Greg would get each piece of plaster wet and then
mold it around Xander's head.
He said that once he started that he would need to hurry
because the plaster would heat up as it hardened and it
would make Xander very uncomfortable.
Xander was trying really hard to be good.
He kept grabbing at his head so I
had to hold his hands down.
The further along it went the more upset he was getting.
His face was turning red and he was crying and trying
to get out of the Bumbo. He kept looking at me with sad
eyes like he was wondering why Mommy wasn't helping him.
I felt so bad that I had to keep holding him down instead
of helping him feel better.
He was much happier when the mold was taken off.
We both had plaster all over us.
Poor little guy!
It is crazy to me that they can make a helmet
from just this thing.












No comments:
Post a Comment